Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Welcome Back!

Thank you so much to everyone who came out last night on the first run of spring semester! I know it was a bit chilly, but we really helped a lot of people out. To start off, I'd like to introduce myself as the new co-president of Lesley Delivers, as Emay is in South Africa! I am looking forward to the responsibilities coming my way over the semester, and will do everything in my power to keep things running smoothly :)

Last night, we had a group of 21 students who joined us, which is quite a few! We split up into two groups, and I took my group over to the pit. Approaching the pit, I was immediately aware of the commotion: a group of people (who we have seen around before) were playing baseball with a large traffic cone and a milk crate. Yes, a milk crate. To avoid any injuries, we passed them in hopes that they would be done when we came back. We continued with the normal route, though we didn't see anyone else. On our way back to the pit, the group had moved on to throwing a concrete ring around the cone. Me and a few of the other people in my group approached them, offering sandwiches and coats. They were all so incredibly grateful, and that's what gets me every time. Though they were being loud and rambunctious, they still very much appreciated us giving them food and jackets. And that's the reason why I do Lesley Delivers. The fact that we can make someone's night by giving them a smile and a sandwich really makes me feel so wonderful. I know that the rest of the semester, as well as my two remaining years, will be just as fulfilling every time I go out there.

I just want to thank everyone again for coming out last night. You made my first run as co-president a wonderful one, and I hope to see you again soon! Ashley and I have big plans for where Lesley Delivers is going, in collaboration and events. We will definitely keep you updated with everything we have in mind, and hope you join us again!

~Theresa

No comments: